Sunday 10 July 2011

Reptiles and arachnids in Darent



Me holding the burmese python I think it was he felt lovely and weighed quite a bit more than expected he was very very fidgety though so I couldnt hold him for long






Yes I heald a tarantula this was only the small one though she was a chillian rose tarantula and to begin with I couldnt even go near it but the handler gradualy put her closer to me and then asked if i would hold her i refused then after some persuation I held one hand out the other handler put his hand next to mine and said the spider would walk off of my hand in seconds I put my hand down then pulled it away and then I put one hand out and let her walk out soon after I put two hands out and she just sat there she was as light as anything and felt a bit like pipe cleaners
Emma also held her





Bearded dragons are lovely they have a hardish spikey coat but they arent painful to hold or stroke and are actually quite cuddly they like to sit on shoulders and nizzle necks for something prickly they are very affectionate


This is the bigger tarantula he was just as light as the first and I was so proud because normally I have dreams that spiders are on my bed and I move off of my bed in tears and refuse to go near it even the next day but I actually held a tarantula! I got over it and I'm so happy I'm a big brave girl now :D

No comments:

Post a Comment